At Cranfield Insurance & Investments Limited / Cranfield Group!, we understand how important your privacy is to you. So we take all necessary steps to protect any personal information you give us and adhere strictly to the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020
This privacy statement sets out how we collect, use and hold your personal information.
What is considered ‘personal information’?
Personal information is any information (in any form) about you, the life to be insured and policy owner(s) that we collect in order to provide you with our insurance and investment products and services.
How we collect your personal information
We collect the information directly from you when you:
- complete a needs analysis while determining your needs and goals
- complete an application form for a product or service
- provide us with feedback.
We may also collect your personal information from, but not limited to, the following third parties:
- health treatment providers (medical practitioners, specialists, hospital clinics, counselors, psychologists, therapists, dentists, alternative health practitioners)
- insurers (including ACC) and reinsurers
- employers (whether current or not)
- banks, financial institutions, accountants and consultants
- government agencies.
How we use your personal information
We (including our officers and advisers and any insurers, reinsurers, or investment managers that are processing information on our behalf) use your personal information to:
- apply on your behalf for products or services to an insurance, superannuation or investment company
- service and review your policies or products
- assist with any claims or complaint you may make
- promote insurance and investment services to you
- comply with our legal obligations (such as the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009).
How we store your personal information
Your personal information is securely held by Cranfield Insurance & Investments Limited / Cranfield Group through cloud-based services in New Zealand or Australia who store information on our behalf. At times we may have hard copy information at our offices in Level 2, 99 The Terrace, Wellington which is secured in our offices with alarms on both the main and office entrances – this information is then placed in shredding bins once finished with. We have reasonable security safeguards to keep your personal information safe from loss, as well as from unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure. We have in place security measures to best protect your personal information. This includes regular review and update of our technology and processes to keep up to date with the latest security threats, viruses and technologies.
Disclosing your personal information
We will only disclose your personal information to a third party if it is necessary for the purpose/s for which the information was collected or if required by law. Third parties may include:
- any third party listed above under ‘How we collect your personal information’
- the insurance or investment company you have applied to
- a joint applicant
- any other person or organisation where required by law.
Your rights to access your personal information
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. If you believe the information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us and ask us to correct it.
What information we collect through our website
We automatically collect the name of your internet service provider when you visit the Cranfield Insurance & Investments Limited / Cranfield Group website, if this information is available to us.
We also use ‘cookies’ to collect certain information from you, such as your location, page clicks and time on site, to help us improve our online services to our customers. Cookies are used to make your online experience with us more enjoyable.
A cookie is a small file sent to your computer by our website to make browsing better by memorising any customised information you’ve set. It doesn’t contain any personal information about you, can’t read your hard drive, and can’t be used to personally identify you. Cookies are commonly used by websites.
If you don’t want to receive cookies from us, you can set your browser to alert you of a cookie being offered, or to reject all cookies. Just go to the ‘help’ function of your browser for full instructions. This may, however, affect the usability and function of the website.
What about emails we send you?
We may send you emails about our products, services or promotions. If you don’t want to receive these emails in the future please click ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of the email or contact us.
As a customer, we reserve the right to email you about:
- a quote or estimate (if requested)
- a commercial transaction that you agreed to enter into
- factual information about an insurance policy or investment plan
- product updates or upgrades that the recipient is entitled to receive under the terms of a transaction you entered into; or
- information directly related to a product that we are servicing
Like to know more?